FAT VS MUSCLE….
This is an illustration of fat (left) and muscle (right). They are the same weight. As you can see, muscle is much denser than fat (smaller & more compact).
If you want to shrink in size, be “toned” and lean… eat clean with plenty of protein, lift heavy and build muscle ladies! Women don’t have the levels of testosterone necessary to bulk up the way men do. So don’t worry, you won’t wake up looking like the Hulk after lifting a heavy dumbbell. It takes a massive lifestyle commitment, many years and a lot of anabolic steroids to achieve what female bodybuilders achieve.
Thank you Kelsey for posting this picture!
No Bake Pumpkin Pie Cups
YIELD: 12 servings
Creamy pumpkin pie filling in a nut-and-date based crust makes a perfect hand-held treat for any holiday party - or, just to keep in the fridge for healthy nibbling!
- 2 tbsp coconut butter, (NOT oil), well-stirred and at room temperature
- 1/2 cup 100% cooked pumpkin puree, at room temperature (if your pumpkin is cold, the coconut butter may solidify when it comes in contact; if this happens, simply heat the mixture in the microwave for 20 seconds and stir to melt the coconut butter)
- 2 Tbsp pure maple syrup, preferably grade B
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 1 lightly packed cup medjool dates, about 10 pitted
- 2/3 cup raw pecan (or walnut) halves
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Combine coconut butter, 1/2 cup pumpkin puree, maple syrup, vanilla extract, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves in a bowl. Stir (or whisk) until very smooth.
- Combine dates, pecans, and cinnamon in the bowl of a food processor fitted with the steel blade. Process until mixture becomes crumbly and then forms a large ball, about 45 seconds. Remove from food processor.
- Divide mixture evenly between the 12 cups of a non-stick mini muffin tin. Dip a finger in water and press the mixture into each cup, forming a crust with an indentation in each.
- Fill each cup with the pumpkin pie mixture; smooth the top.
- Place muffin tin in the fridge and chill until slightly hardened.
Recipe found HERE
Clean Eating Fudge Brownies
- 3/4 cup cooked black beans (dried beans preferred over canned), thoroughly rinsed and drained, no salt added
- 1/4 cup safflower oil
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 whole organic eggs (free range)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2/3 cup sucanat (this is a clean eating sweetener and wonderful in baked recipes)
- 2 small single serving packets of truvia or stevia
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips, divided (try Enjoy Life, gluten free, vegan friendly)
- 1/3 cup oat flour (I used Bob’s Mill gluten free oat flour)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup confectioner’s sugar, for dusting, optional ( I used WheyLow powdered sugar)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9x9 square baking pan with butter flavored cooking spray. In a blender, puree the cooked and rinsed black beans with the safflower and olive oil. Pour into the bowl of an electric mixer. Add eggs, cocoa, sucanat, truvia or stevia and vanilla. Melt half the chocolate chips and add to mixer. Blend on medium until smooth. In a small bowl, whisk together oat flour, baking powder and salt. Add to the mixer until just incorporated. Stir in remaining chocolate chips. Pour into prepared pan and bake for about 20 minutes, until surface looks somewhat matte around the edges and shiny in the middle. Let cool at least 15 minutes before cutting. Dust with powdered sugar and serve. Deceptively scrumptious!
Recipe Found Here
love love LOVE starbucks<3
Clean Eating Cookie Dough Bars by Muffin Topless
- 15 Organic Dates (10 oz)
- 6-8 TB Sugar Free Vanilla Coconut Milk
- 4 TB Natural Peanut Butter
- 1 Scoop Casein Protein Powder (I used Chocolate)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 Cup Dark Chocolate Chips (Could sub for cacao nibs)
Remove pits from the dates. Blend dates and peanut butter in a food processor or blender until finely chopped. Add in protein powder and milk (add a tablespoon at a time so you don’t make the mixture too wet). Add chocolate chips in at the very end, or you can fold in after to avoid chopping them up too finely. On a flat plate or cookie sheet, shape the dough into bar form and stick in the freezer for an hour. Remove after an hour and cut into serving size bars. (This is up to you, the size you choose will determine the macros for each bar). Wrap individually in tin foil or plastic wrap. I stored mine in the freezer as I like them really firm, but they would also store well in the refrigerator!
Recipe Found Here: http://muffin-topless.com/2013/02/24/clean-eating-cookie-dough-bars/
My HEALTHY Chocolate Peanut Butter Mug Brownie!
The recipe is super simple and easy and it only takes 5 minutes to make! Perfect healthy dessert fix. The best part is you can make it any flavor you want! The recipe is on my website!
Sign up for my FREE newsletter to receive updates when I post new yummy recipes like this one, new workouts and new articles! =)
MY RICH CHOCOLATE PROTEIN MUG BROWNIE <3 Muffintopless
- 1 Scoop Chocolate Casein Protein Powder (*see below for substitution instructions)
- 1 Egg White
- 1 TB Coconut Flour
- 1 TB Baking Cocoa
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 Cup Water or Milk of Choice (I recommend SugarFree Vanilla Coconut Milk)
- TB Natural PB or PB2
- A few dark chocolate chips
- *Other toppings could include nuts, sliced fruit, almond butter, shredded coconut (the list goes on!)
DIRECTIONS: Mix all brownie ingredients in a bowl until it’s thick and well-stirred. Spray a mug with nonstick spray. Add brownie mixture to mug, then cover with plastic wrap. Microwave for 30sec to a minute (I went with 45 seconds). Plop onto a plate and add toppings. Enjoy!
* If you use any other protein powder besides casein, it will give a different consistency which I cannot vouch for. Casein is very thick and makes this mug cake dense and rich.
WOW… awesome visual!
Simple Protein Pancakes:
- 1 Scoop Whey (flavor of choice, I used Vanilla)
- 2 Egg Whites
- 1/4 Cup Oats
- 1/2 Large Banana (substitutions below)
- 1 TB Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- 1/8 teaspoon of Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of Cinnamon (optional)
Put all ingredients into blender or magic bullet and blend until smooth. Allow the batter to set for about 5 minutes. Heat up a skillet or pan and spray with non-stick spray. Pour batter onto skillet (batter makes 2-3 normal sized pancakes). Let it cook for about 2-3 minutes or until bubbles appear. Flip and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes until cooked fully.
Check out my website for alternatives! Click Here! =)